A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Current version: 0.91. Missing features: Music. Sound effect when the gun is out of charge.
RabbitREMIX is an arcade game with bunnies and mushrooms and stuff (if you think of it, a lot of things does not make sense in this game, but hey, it's a game, after all). I created it to demonstrate the software renderer I had written in C.
- Left/right arrow: Move
- Down arrow: Quick fall
- Z (on air, press): Double/"air" jump
- Z (hold after air jump): Flip your ears
- X (press): Shoot a bullet
- X (hold and release): Shoot a giant bullet
- Space: Self-destruct. Having at least two bars full in the star meter gives you an extra life. Use this strike to gain a lot of points
- Enter: Pause
Xinput gamepads (you know, Xbox pads and the cheap copies of them) are supported. Use thumbstick or dpad for movement, A for (air) jumping, B for shooting, LB (the left shoulder button) for self-destruct
- Floating point exception happens sometimes, crashing the game. Probably caused by division by zero (or "A mod 0" for some integer A, which is basically the same thing)
- Sometimes sound effects stop too early or are not played at all
- On some Windows devices the fullscreen mode does not work properly, that is a portion of the game window is located behind the taskbar
Source code on Github: https://github.com/jani-nykanen/rabbit-remix
Run "run.sh". If some .so files are missing, tell me so I can fix it.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.