The Oyster Mirror
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
The Oyster Mirror is a traditional puzzle game with 35 different stages and many different puzzle elements. Beat the stages within the given stage limit to earn a special golden star and eventually unlock the special ending.
To play this game you must install Java (https://www.java.com/en/download/).
- Arrow keys/Left analogue stick/Dpad: Move
- R/(Y) button: Reset
- Enter/(Start): Confirm/open menu
- Escape/(Back): Go back/quit
- F4: Toggle fullscreen
- Left Ctrl+Q: Force quit
XInput gamepads are supported. DirectInput pads may also work, but the buttons are slightly different.
Features missing/broken in beta 0.9.0:
- No audio. I might add audio later if I find a good Java audio library, but don't count on it.
- There are some bugs in Stage 35 ("Master Puzzle"). You may sometimes be able to walk inside movable blocks.
- Endings might not always trigger correctly.
Bugs reports are encouraged.
Source code on Github: https://github.com/jani-nykanen/the-oyster-mirror
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE JAVA INSTALLED! If not, download it here: https://www.java.com/en/download/
Windows: unzip the content and run oyster.jar with Java, or run run_windows.bat.
Linux: unzip the content, go to the folder, open terminal and type java -jar oyster.jar, or alternatively run run_linux.sh
MacOS: Should not work, but you can try. It has the required libraries, but it should throw a null pointer exception in a wrong place and that's it.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.